The College of American Pathologists Sweepstakes
Share Your Cap21 Virtual Experience via Video Giveaway
No Purchase or Payment Is Necessary to Participate. All Federal, State, Local, and Muncipal Laws and Regulations Apply. Void Where Prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The College of American Pathologist Gift Card Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are: (a) 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska); and (b) registered attendees of CAP21 during the Sweepstakes Period. Employees, Officers and Directors of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, advertising, promotion or any other agencies or entities involved with this Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (including spouse, biological, adoptive or stepparents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, or spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they reside), or households of any of the above, whether related or not, are NOT eligible to participate.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The College of American Pathologists (the “Sponsor” or “CAP”), located at 325 Waukegan Rd. Northfield, Illinois 60093. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, where are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Sunday, September 26, 2021, and ends on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 or when all 100 available masks have been given away in accordance with these Official Rule, whichever occurs first (“Sweepstakes Period”).
5. How to Enter: Virtually: This method of entry will be available through a daily email all registrants will receive or by visiting the CAP Annual Meeting website https://www.capannualmeeting.org/ and selecting “Share your CAP21 Experience” under the Community drop down menu. Entry into the Sweepstakes is not official until the participant follows, all prompts and instructions to: (a) provide all required information, which may include but is not limited to full legal name, city/state of residence, ZIP code, mobile phone number and email address; and (b) record a video testimonial. All prompts must be followed to submit completed personal information and video. After Video has been submitted participants may receive one (1) face masks valued at $8.00 USD (while supplies last).
Limit one (1) masks per video per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Masks quantities are limited. Only one hundred (100) masks are available for distribution. Once all 100-face masks have been distributed, the Sweepstakes will end. If all 100 masks are not distributed, the Sweepstakes will end at the close of CAP21 on September 28, 2021. Any video completed after the Sweepstakes ends will not qualify for the free gift.
Use of the face masks is subject to all terms, conditions, and policies of the issuer. Videos that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Official Rules in any other way may not qualify for a face masks at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Face masks cannot be transferred, assigned, redeemed for cash or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value if the advertised face masks becomes unavailable for any reason. All federal, state, and local income taxes due as a result of accepting the face masks are the responsibility of the recipient.
Acceptance of a face masks constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use recipient’s name, filmed or recorded likeness, voice, and limited biographical information (first name, first letter of last name, city/state of residence) for promotional purposes in commerce and in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and social media) without limitation and without further notice, consent or compensation.
Receiving a face masks is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
6. Limitations of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) any problems or technical mmalfunctions, errors, interruptions, defects, or human error that may occur in the completion or processing of the video; (b) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (c) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, or in the administration or in the execution of the Sweepstakes; or (d) cheating or fraud by any participant. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned due to any cause beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the proper operation of the Sweepstakes, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules.
By participating and accepting a face masks, each participant agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of the face masks.
By accepting a face masks, each recipient acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the face masks, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or the face maskss shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in Cook County, Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or statements made by Sponsor’s representatives, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
8. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.